KABUL (AFP) – A suicide attacker drove a bomb-filled car into a foreign military vehicle in Afghanistan’s capital Kabul Thursday, killing two American nationals and an Afghan woman, officials said.
Two foreigners, Americans, are dead,” the city’s criminal investigation chief, Alishah Paktiawal, told AFP from the scene of the attack in the east of the city. “Five civilians are wounded.
“It was a suicide attack against foreign vehicles,” he added.
The interior ministry said only one foreign national had been killed.
“One foreign national was killed, one civilian Afghan woman has been killed. Five foreigners and three Afghan civilians have been wounded,” spokesman Zemarai Bashary told AFP.
He said it was not clear if the attacked convoy belonged to the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force or the separate US-led coalition.
Neither force immediately had information of the attack.
It was the first suicide blast in the capital since June 17, when a massive attack rocked the heart of the city, killing 35 people.